What is a Credit Card?
A credit card is a transactional card that enables the holder to make purchases of goods and services or withdraw advance cash on credit. It is issued by banks and financial institutions to bring convenience of payment. Credit cards act as a micro loan tool where the individual makes purchases under the condition of paying off the same within a specific time period. There are no interest payouts if the due amount is paid within a specific time (interest-free period). A custom borrowing limit is pre-set by the issuer and this determines the maximum amount of credit a user can spend from a credit card. Credit card brings users the opportunity to save big through discounts and deals, making it a popular choice.
Why is a Credit Card Important?
Don’t be put off by the term ‘credit’. If used wisely, credit cards are a convenient tool to manage your short-term financing needs. A credit card is a financial tool that lets you borrow a certain sum of money and repay it back later in instalments. An interest is charged only if the credit amount is not repaid within the grace period which usually ranges between 20 to 60 days. Whether you want to make online payments or swipe the card at a restaurant, everything is possible with a credit card. Besides allowing you to borrow funds conveniently, credit cards also offer a host of benefits such as reward points, cashbacks, frequent flyer miles, credit score etc. A credit card is certainly a must-have item in your wallet.
Why Should you apply for a Kotak Bank Credit Card?
At Kotak Mahindra Bank, we understand the diversity of our customer’s needs. Hence Kotak Bank offers a wide range of credit cards based on your buying preferences. We have categorized our credit card rewards centred on your preferences such as entertainment, shopping, dining, travel and lounge access. Depending on your purchase inclinations, you are free to choose a credit card that earns you extra points on the things that matter the most to you. So go ahead, explore and compare our wide assortment of credit cards in order to find the perfect match. Once you find the right credit card, you will be able to earn as you spend!
Am I eligible for a Credit Card?
The eligibility criteria for a kotak credit card will vary for every applicant. However, there are some criteria that remain uniform and these include:
- For Royale Signature Credit card, League Platinum Credit card, Delight Platinum Credit card, Essentia Platinum Credit card, PVR Platinum Credit card, PVR Gold Credit card, Urbane Gold Credit card primary applicant must be in the age bracket of 21 – 65 years.
- For 811 Dream different Credit card, NRI Royale Signature Credit card the primary applicant should be in the age bracket of 18 years to 75 years.
- Must be an Indian resident
- Must be a salaried employee or self-employed (With income proof)
- Must meet the income requirement set by the bank
- Must be a resident of the serviceable locations within India